The MBC Passive House Wall System
The MBC Passive Wall system delivers a U-Value of 0.12W/m2K and is designed to perform to its optimum level when used in tandem with our Passive Foundation system. Intelligent design of the twin wall and foundation junction provides a break free, continuous barrier that essentially envelops the structure in a thick layer of insulation.
The Passive Wall structure consists of a 300mm Twin Stud Frame, faced with 12.5mm Pro Passive airtight board internally, and 12.5mm medivent board externally. Both sheathing boards not only encase the timber frame and insulation, but also provide additional rigidity and strength to the overall structure.
A breather membrane is secured to the medivent boarding, while the internal 12.5mm Pro Passive airtight board is sealed with airtight tape at junctions, ensuring the house is completely airtight and draught free. 35mm timber battens are fixed to the Pro Passive board to create a service cavity in which electrics and plumbing services can be fitted. To complete the Passive Wall, high density Cellulose Insulation is pressure pumped into the passive wall cavity between the timber studs.
MBC Passive Wall Benefits
- Significant energy savings, up to 90%
- Delivers extremely low U-Value, 0.12W/m2K
- Eliminates the need for a complex heating system
- Manufactured off-site, in controlled conditions, ensuring highest quality standards
- Airtight system eliminates draughts, resulting in minimal energy consumption
- Extremely quick to erect, lowering labour & machinery costs
- Suitable for all building designs and layouts
- Precision engineered to meet all UK building regulations
Discuss your project with us
MBC specialise in the production of Timber Frame Passive Houses and High Thermal Efficiency Timber Frame Houses throughout the UK, for people looking to benefit from huge energy savings and reduce their heating demands by up to 90%.
Precisely engineered Passive solutions from MBC Timber Frame requiring 90% less energy for space heating and cooling.
Near Passive Builds
MBC Timber Frame’s “optional levels of insulation” applied to a 140mm stud frame. 3 great options delivery differing U-Values.
The MBC Passive Foundation system, suitable for both Passive and Standard timber frame projects.